About      Books      Cat and Muse      Blog      Contact

Comments RSS 2.0

Web-Stat hit counter
    The Girlfriends' Cyber Circuit
    List|Previous
    Next|Random

Jackie Kessler’s Top 10 Dragon*Con Tips

Yep, another Dragon*Con has come and gone. Here are my Top 10 Dragon*Con tips. Pictures and more to follow (much) later.

#10 – A belt is not a skirt.
    #9 – If a belt is a skirt, underwear is not optional.
    #8 – If you need the “up” elevator, grab the “down” car and ride down, then go up. Much faster. Seriously.
    #7 – If you see a sign that reminds people to shower, you know you’re in trouble.
    #6 – Deodorant, like good accessories, is a must. MUST, people.
    #5 – If you are dressed as the Grim Reaper, do not enter a door scythe first.
    #4 – When conning, the four food groups tend to be caffeine, pizza, buffet and beer. Mmm. Breakfast of champions.
    #3 – If you expect the hotel room to be soundproof, HAHAHAHAHAH.
    #2 – If you’re an author, bring swag. Swag, swag, swag, swag, swag.
    And my #1 Dragon*Con tip: You have not been to Dragon*Con until you’ve seen at least 1 Princess Leia Slave Girl. Now you are a man, my son.

7 Responses to “Jackie Kessler’s Top 10 Dragon*Con Tips”

1. awesome comments! common sense ones like good walking shoes needed too! haha

by sascha illyvich on September 7th, 2009 at 11:33 am

2. Hi 🙂
      Thanks for the fun Top Ten list.
      I loved the picture of you & Heather.
      Great outfits.
      Glad you had a terrific time at DragonCon in Atlanta.
      🙂
      All the best,
      RKCharron
      xoxo

by RKCharron on September 7th, 2009 at 11:39 am

3. Jackie, I believe that #8 is indeed the Dragon*Con Law of Physics.

by Carol on September 7th, 2009 at 12:35 pm

4. Love the tips!!! 😀

by Colleen on September 7th, 2009 at 2:09 pm

5. My top ten as a DragonCon virgin!

#10 There is an end to the registration line at DragonCon.
      #09 More people Pre-Register so longer line, if you are paying day of cash line is 1/4 that of credit card line.
      #08 You will lose things, 4 pens, and my backup memory card for my digital camera.
      #07 Don’t worry if you get lost on day one, everybody gets lost.
      #06 If your using the Marta train, pray to whomever that a Braves game hasn’t just gotten over. I now know what a sardine in a can feels like.
      #05 Floss should never be used as an undergarment, even if it is industrial strength.
      #04 Things happen that can’t be helped. Anthony Daniels on day 1 got lost and didn’t make it to his panel, etc. etc.
      #03 Don’t be ashamed to take Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches with you. They are fulfilling, cheap, & Mmmm so good!
      #02 Get plenty of rest because falling alseep during a panel and being called out on it is embarrassing.
      #01 No matter what refuse to go to a club the night before DragonCon, even if helping young women pay for their college tution feels good, you end up with allot less money for the rest of the weekend.

by Rocky Shields on September 7th, 2009 at 4:12 pm

6. […] Shared Jackie Kessler’s Top 10 Dragon*Con Tips. […]

by Daily Digest for September 8th | Lunar Meadows on September 8th, 2009 at 10:17 am

7. LMAO I love your tips!

Also I just wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting you at Comic Con. I just finished Black and White and I must say it was amazing. I love the book so much. The world needs more strong female rolemodels, flawed or not. I can’t wait for the next book to come out!

by Angelique on September 11th, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Home   •   About   •   The Icarus Project   •   Books   •   Cat and Muse   •   Blog   •   Contact   •   Site & Copyright